The admission to the Bachelor Programs of the Institute is decided on the basis of candidate's earlier educational achievements and his/her score in the admission test, which comprises multiple choice questions based on Pakistani intermediate level Physics and Mathematics and English. The Syllabus of Admission Test and a sample of such questions can be downloaded here. Syllabus - Sample Paper.
The test is held simultaneously at Rawalpindi, Peshawar, Lahore, Quetta, Karachi and Multan. The venue and general instructions for the test are intimated on Institute website. Applicants can choose the test center according to their convenience. The results of the admission test are communicated to the selected candidates online through admission website.
For the candidates applying on the basis of SAT-II, the merit will be determined by their Percentile score.
A former student of the Institute whose enrolment was cancelled due to unsatisfactory academic performance is also allowed to appear in the admission test. If selected, he/she will be enrolled in the first semester as a freshman and may not be given credit for the courses passed earlier. Any student who is currently on the roll of the Institute and wants to change the faculty is allowed to appear in the admission test. If selected he/she will not be given credits for the courses passed earlier.
The GIK Common Admissions Test (GCAT) will be taken for admission in BS Management Sciences at test centers. The GCAT will measure reading, writing, and mathematical skills with the objective to assess a candidate’s suitability for undergraduate study. Questions are designed to explore knowledge and skills acquired over a period of time, in order to compare candidates from different academic backgrounds.
The overseas applicants have the option to take Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT-II) in Physics and Mathematics (Math IIC) in place of Institute's Admission test. Applicants have to choose only one basis for their admission i.e. GIK Institute admission test or SAT-II, an option once exercised cannot be changed. The candidates filing two separate applications on two different bases for admission are liable to be disqualified.
An applicant for transfer from a local or foreign institution is required to have passed the Institute's admission test or SAT - II (overseas applicants) respectively by securing equal or more marks than the minimum merit of the faculty in which he/she seeks admission. However, acceptance of request for transfer will depend on availability of seats, and the quality of academic work already done by the applicant.
To send your SAT-II Score, use GIK Institute's registered Institute Code: 0096
A person who has been enrolled for a relevant Bachelor degree program in engineering at some accredited (PEC, HEC) institution and has earned 15 or more transferable credits with minimum CGPA of 2.5 on the scale of 4, may apply to this Institute for admission with advance standing. However, the student at the GIK Institute wishing to qualify for a bachelor degree must earn a minimum of 70 credits including 6 credits of senior design project. An applicant for transfer from a local or foreign institution is required to have passed the Institute's admission test or SAT-II (overseas applicants) respectively by securing equal to or more marks than the minimum merit of the faculty in which he/she seeks admission. Acceptance of request for transfer will depend on availability of seat, and the quality of academic work already done by the applicant. For supplementary information and application form please contact the Admission Office.
Candidates can apply online for Punjab Educational Endowment Fund (PEEF) , Chief Minister Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, FATA scholarships and Financial Assistance (Interest Free Loan). Remaining scholarships can be applied for after joining the Institute.
Continuation of scholarships is dependent on satisfactory academic performance of the concerned student and the policies of the donor agencies.
Processing fee can be paid Online:
Account Title: GIK Institute HBL A/C No. 19790000085901 for payment in PKR
For payment in US $:
Bank: Habib Bank Ltd
Title of Account: GIK Institute Topi
Account No: 19790002044611
Branch Code: 1979
Swift Code: HABB PKK AXXX
Basic Eligibility for BS Engineering & Computer Science Programs
Basic Eligibility Criteria: Candidates for admission must meet one of the following criteria:
1. HSSC (Pre-Engineering i.e Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry) with 60% or above marks each in Mathematics, Physics & Overall.
2. HSSC (Pre-Medical) with Additional Mathematics and 60% or above marks each in Mathematics, Physics & Overall.
3. A-Level in three subjects Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry with D or above grade each in Mathematics & Physics and O-Level in eight subjects (English, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Computer Science, Urdu, Islamic Studies & Pakistan Studies) for local applicants and in five subjects (English, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Computer Science) for those applying from abroad.
4. American or Canadian High School Diploma or International Baccalaureate Diploma with Mathematics (with Calculus), Physics and Chemistry with 60% or above marks, as per IBCC equivalence formula, each in Mathematics, Physics & Overall.
5. B.Sc. (Mathematics & Physics) with 60% or above marks each in Mathematics, Physics & Overall.
6. Three years Diploma of Associate Engineering (DAE) in relevant technology from a Pakistani Board of Technical Education with at least 60% marks each in Mathematics, Physics & Overall.
i. Applicant with Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry background can apply for all Programs including Computer Science or Computer Engineering.
ii. Applicant with Computer Science/Computer Studies background instead of Chemistry at their HSSC or A- Level can only apply for Computer Engineering or Computer Science.
Basic Eligibility for BS Management Sciences Program
Basic Eligibility Criteria: Candidates for admission must meet one of Following Criteria:
1. HSSC (Pre-Engg), HSSC (General Science), HSSC (ICS), HSSC (Pre-Medical), HSSC (Humanities) with at least 60% overall marks.
2. A-Level in three subjects with Ds or above grades in two principal subjects and O-Level in eight subjects for local applicants and in five subjects for those applying from abroad with overall 60% or above equivalence as per IBCC formula.
3. American or Canadian High School Diploma or International Baccalaureate Diploma with overall 60% or above marks, as per IBCC equivalence formula.
Comparative Assessment Criteria (Merit List)
Score in Admission Test OR SAT-II (in Mathematics and Physics for Engineering and Computer Science Programs and in any two subjects for Management Sciences Program) for those applying from outside Pakistan
HSSC Part I + SSC/Equivalent.
10% + 5%
O-level (for those with A-Level and O-Level background).
Last completed qualification for High School Diploma, IB diploma or B.Sc. or DAE.
Candidates, who have completed one of the above qualifications and are awaiting results, may apply for provisional admission. Confirmation of admission will, however, be subject to submission of results by the date specified in the offer letter and fulfillment the above criteria.